Waste In Our World Unit | Bundle | Paper and Digital
This package includes all of our products related to waste management and reduction through activities, experiments, lessons, reading passages, flashcards, and word wall vocabulary words. Everything you need to teach the whole unit is included!
Well, you might need your own garbage...
The lessons and activities include:
- lesson plans with step-by-step instructions and options for modifications.
- student pages and templates.
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- photos of student examples.
These products are included in this bundle:
- The Rs of Waste: Through a reading and creative activity, students will explore examples of the Rs of waste and their impacts on the environment.
- Types of Waste: Students will learn about different types of waste through a variety of activities.
- Methods of Disposal: Students will learn about all the ways waste can be disposed of and will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each method.
- Waste Reduction: Students will learn about ways to reduce waste before creating and implementing a waste reduction plan. Wasteful packaging is addressed in this product.
- Text Sets: A set of ten reading passages to help with the unit understanding. These work on paper and digitally and are accessible for assistive technologies.
- Recycled Art Projects: Connect science and art with these lessons that reuse and upcycle materials into works of art.
- Interactive Review Game: This self-checking game allows students to review concepts discussed in the unit.
- Biodegradability: A set of experiments and activities to learn about different biodegradable materials and how they break down.
- Biodegradability Boom Cards: A set of self-checking Boom Cards for your students to practice determining items that can be classified as biodegradable.
- Word Wall Words: Over 70 key vocabulary words and an editable digital template.
- Flash Cards: Over 70 waste vocabulary words with definitions. Comes with an editable template.
This product aligns with:
- the Grade 4 Alberta Program of Studies unit on Waste in Our World
This product supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about waste reduction, types of waste, environmental stewardship, or Earth Day.
Ninja Note: This product is currently under revision. The future update will include more digital versions of the activities.
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files that contain each unit. Buyers need to download the ZIP and extract the PDF files to a computer. To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.