Upcycled Art Projects
This set of eight art projects incorporates drawing, painting, and sculpture building to create art projects that focus on reusing and repurposing recycled materials to create new masterpieces. Combine your science lessons with art!
This resourceful product includes:
- eight different art projects (each one can usually be completed within a few hours from start to the end of clean-up).
- complete lesson plans with step-by-step instructions with modifications to differentiate for your students (or your available supplies).
- projects that use art materials found in most classrooms like Tempera paint, markers, construction paper, glue, cardstock, craft supplies, and paintbrushes.
- projects that use recycled materials like plastic containers, cardboard, magazines, books and anything else you have stuffed into your craft cupboards.
- photographs of student examples.
- reflection pages for students in English and French.
- instructions to minimize prep work and clean up.
art projects designed for the "not-an-art-teacher" generalist (meaning they don't require you to have a lot of specialized art skills).
- a template to do an artist study.
Many of the projects are enhanced if you have access to the internet.
This product supports:
- any science unit about recycling or waste management.
- Earth Day activities.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use the student pages. Teachers are not required to print the plans or photographs to use them. Instead, they can be displayed on a projector to be shared with students.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.