Methods of Waste Disposal | Waste In Our World | Paper and Digital
Learn about the different methods of waste disposal through these activities and assessments that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages. Students will explore the advantages and disadvantages of different methods by exploring the policies of their community.
This innovative resource includes:
- a complete lesson plan which includes modifications for a variety of learning needs with minimal preparation.
- simple texts that explain the advantages and disadvantages of methods
- a variety of activities to learn about how different materials are disposed of in their own community.
- lessons that include drawing, reading, and writing.
- suggested answers.
- photographs of student examples.
- student pages in a variety of formats.
- extension opportunities for your students.
- ideas for how to use this product in the classroom, online, or a mix of both. The digital version uses Google Slides.
This resource aligns with:
- the Grade 4 Alberta Program of Studies unit on Waste in Our World
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about waste reduction, types of waste, environmental stewardship, or Earth Day.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing or copying the digital file. To use the digital version click on the link inside the PDF.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.