Waste Reduction | Waste In Our World | Paper and Digital
Learn about the different ways to reduce waste and packaging through these activities and assessments that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages. Students will create a waste reduction plan, implement it and then evaluate it.
This innovative resource includes:
- a complete lesson plan which includes modifications for a variety of learning needs with minimal preparation.
- simple activities to learn about different ways waste can be reduced; some of these ask students to examine their own habits.
- planning pages for students to use in the development of a waste reduction plan for home or school.
- suggestions for possible projects.
- suggested answers and answer keys.
- photographs of student examples.
- student pages in different formats.
- opportunities for your students to compare packaging.
- reflection pages for students.
- a rubric for the teacher to use for assessment.
- ideas for how to use this product in the classroom, online, or a mix of both. The digital version uses Google Slides.
Students will need to monitor the success of their plans over several weeks, so this project is perfect to start at the beginning of a unit.
This resource aligns with:
- the Grade 4 Alberta Program of Studies unit on Waste in Our World
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about waste reduction, types of waste, environmental stewardship, or Earth Day.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing or copying the digital file. To use the digital version click on the link inside the PDF.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.