Waste In Our World Waste Reduction Plan | Paper
Learn about the different ways to reduce waste and packaging through these activities and assessments that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages. Students will create a waste reduction plan, implement it and then evaluate it.
This innovative product includes:
- a complete lesson plan which includes modifications for a variety of learning needs with minimal preparation.
- simple activities to learn about different ways waste can be reduced; some of these ask students to examine their own habits.
- planning pages for students to use in the development of a waste reduction plan for home or school.
- suggestions for possible projects.
- suggested answers.
- photographs of student examples.
- student pages.
- extension opportunities for your students that look at packaging.
- reflection pages for students.
- a rubric for the teacher to use for assessment.
- ideas for how to use this product in the classroom, online, or a mix of both.
Students will need to monitor the success of their plans over several weeks, so this project is perfect to start at the beginning of a unit.
This product aligns with:
- the Grade 4 Alberta Program of Studies unit on Waste in Our World
This product supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about waste reduction, types of waste, environmental stewardship, or Earth Day.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.