Waste In Our World Types of Waste | Paper
Learn organic, non-organic, and toxic waste through these activities and assessments that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages (except for the experiment). Students will look at different types of waste and how they are created.
This flexible product includes:
- a complete lesson plan which includes modifications for a variety of learning needs with minimal preparation.
- simple activities to learn about the different types of waste.
- an experiment to look at oil spills and how it impacts the environment (requires hard-boiled eggs and a bit of prep the day before doing the experiment).
- student pages (with modifications).
- suggested answers and answer keys.
- a short reading passage about oil.
- a short quiz.
- ideas for how to use this product in the classroom, online, or a mix of both.
This product aligns with:
- the Grade 4 Alberta Program of Studies unit on Waste in Our World
This product supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about waste reduction, types of waste, environmental stewardship, or Earth Day.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.