Weather Unit | Bundle | Paper and Digital
Get all your weather lessons in one place. This bundle has everything you need to teach a complete weather unit without looking for resources or hunting down materials which will save you lots of time and frustration. As soon as you get it, you're ready to teach!
This complete bundle includes:
- lesson plans with options for differentiation or modifications.
- experiments that can be done as demonstrations or by students.
- student pages and templates.
- photos of student examples.
- task cards (in paper, Google Slides, and Google Forms versions).
- a set of 10 reading passages
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- a readers' theatre activity.
- hands-on STEM or project-based learning activities: Design a Weather Instrument and Design a Weather Forecast.
- drawing and acting activities.
- a Google Slides review game.
- vocabulary in word wall and flashcard (with the definitions) formats.
- digital versions with loose text that can be read by assistive technology.
- a bonus unit plan (only available in the bundle).
Topics included in this bundle of hands-on activities:
- climate change
- seasonal changes
- how air moves
- low and high pressure
- wind speed and wind direction
- how basic weather patterns are created; weather phenomena
- precipitation: rain, snow, sleet, and hail and how they are created in the atmosphere
- weather measurements and weather devices.
- recording weather statistics.
- clothing and fabric to protect from weather.
- weather vocabulary.
- experiments to learn about fair tests and the scientific method.
All of these resources have been classroom tested by grade five students who said they loved all the hands-on activities.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Weather Watch
This resource supports:
- any weather unit.
- Saskatchewan Science Curriculum Grade 5 Earth and Space Science WE5.1, WE5.2, WE5.3
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files that contain each unit. Buyers need to download the ZIP and extract the PDF files to a computer. To access the digital versions, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.