Simple Machines Unit | Bundle | Paper and Digital
Teach everything related to levers, wedges, screws, inclined planes, pulleys, and wheels & axles. Lessons, interactive notebook templates, task cards, critical thinking challenges, design challenges, reading passages, word wall words, and flashcards are all included and none of them require more than a few moments to print or prep.
These products are included in this bundle:
- Basic Concepts: Five interactive notebook teacher-directed lessons to learn the basics of simple machines.
- What Machine is This? BOOM Cards: 30 simple machine task cards hosted on BOOM Learning. These are unique questions to the bundle.
- What Machine is This? Task Cards: 24 simple machine task cards to help students identify different simple machines. They are available in paper (both colour and ink-saving), Google Slides, and Google Forms versions. Comes with student recording pages, an answer key, and blank cards.
- Simple Machines Critical Thinking Challenges: Fifteen STEM tasks to help develop problem-solving skills while testing and working with knowledge from the unit.
- Design a Carnival Attraction: Students use STEM skills to design a carnival attraction that uses simple machines in this open-ended activity. It comes with planning sheets, student examples, and a rubric.
- Text Sets: Ten reading passages designed to help replace the need for textbooks whether you are teaching in person or online.
- Task Cards Review: 24 cards to use for practice or assessment to cover general concepts from the unit. They are available in paper (both colour and ink-saving), Google Slides, and Google Forms versions. Comes with student recording pages, an answer key, and blank cards.
- Simple Machines Collaborative Poster: This colouring activity encourages students to work together to create a poster with the six simple machines.
- Interactive Review Game: This game uses Google Slides so students can review concepts and check the answers.
- Word Wall Words: Over 70 key vocabulary words for your Balanced Literacy wall. Comes with an editable digital template.
- Flashcards: Over 70 vocabulary words on easy-to-make flashcards with an editable digital template.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science (Wheels and Levers and Building Devices That Move)
This product supports science concepts from these provinces and territories:
- Saskatchewan: FM5.1 Analyze the effects of...mechanical forces... Grade 4
- British Columbia and Yukon Territory: Simple Machines and their Forces Grade 5
- Northwest Territories: Pulleys and Gears Grade 4
- Manitoba: Forces and Simple Machines Grade 5
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about simple machines
Ninja Note: This product is currently under revision. The future update will include more digital versions of the activities.
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files that contain each unit. Buyers need to download the ZIP and extract the PDF files to a computer. To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.