Simple Machines Collaborative Poster | Paper
Use this collaborative poster with your class to get students to learn to work together for a common goal while learning about the six different simple machines. This colouring activity takes students 10-30 minutes and just requires printing for you to use right away.
This collaborative activity includes:
- directions to run the activity with your students.
- sets in 18, 24 or 36 pieces, so you can use them with any size class.
- simple instructions for your students so they know how their piece fits into the final poster.
- pieces with different levels of detail so you can give the right piece to each student.
- assembly instructions, along with tips for making the process as easy as possible.
- a follow-up activity for your early finishers or to extend learning.
- a finished poster size of approximately 46 cm x 70 cm (18” x 27”) or standard vertical poster size.
This resource aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science (Wheels and Levers and Building Devices That Move)
This resource supports science concepts from these provinces and territories:
- Saskatchewan: FM5.1 Analyze the effects of...mechanical forces... Grade 4
- British Columbia and Yukon Territory: Simple Machines and their Forces Grade 5
- Northwest Territories: Pulleys and Gears Grade 4
- Manitoba: Forces and Simple Machines Grade 5
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about simple machines.
- any lesson about cooperation or collaboration.
Ninja Note: This resource requires the buyer to download the PDF and print the pieces before beginning the activity.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.