Biodegradability Lessons | Waste In Our World | Paper and Digital
Learn about the qualities that make waste biodegradable through these activities and assessments that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages (except for the experiments). It's perfect for your Waste in Our World unit.
This hands-on resource includes:
- a complete lesson plan which includes modifications for a variety of learning needs with minimal preparation.
- four different experiments to explore biodegradability.
- student pages and templates.
- suggested answers and answer keys.
- a short reading passage about biodegradability.
- activities to learn about worms and vermicomposting.
- a digital version that uses Google Slides.
Ninja Note: The teaching time is between 30 and 90 minutes depending on which activities you choose, but some of the experiments need to "grow" for several weeks before they are finished.
This resource aligns with:
- Grade 4 Alberta Program of Studies unit on Waste in Our World
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about waste reduction, types of waste, environmental stewardship, or Earth Day.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing or copying the digital file. To use the digital version click on the link inside the PDF.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.