Waste In Our World Biodegradability | Paper
Learn about the qualities that make waste biodegradable through these activities and assessments that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages (except for the experiments). It's perfect for your Waste in Our World unit.
This hands-on product includes:
- a complete lesson plan which includes modifications for a variety of learning needs with minimal preparation.
- four different experiments to explore biodegradability.
- student pages and templates.
- suggested answers and answer keys.
- a short reading passage about biodegradability.
- activities to learn about worms and vermicomposting.
- ideas for how to use this product in the classroom, online, or a mix of both.
Ninja Note: The teaching time is between 30 and 90 minutes depending on which activities you choose, but some of the experiments need to "grow" for several weeks before they are finished.
This product aligns with:
- the Grade 4 Alberta Program of Studies unit on Waste in Our World
This product supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about waste reduction, types of waste, environmental stewardship, or Earth Day.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.