Measurement Math Interactive Notebook Unit | Paper | Grade 4 Grade 5
Stop searching for your measurement lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess length, volume, capacity, types of angles, and metric units is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your measurement unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive product includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- metric units and their abbreviations.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 4 and Grade 5.
Please see the preview to see which activities will work in your classroom. Commonly asked questions are in the preview.
Ninja Note: Though time is considered Measurement according to the Alberta Program of Studies, we have given it its own unit which can be found here.
The specific lessons included are:
- Metric Conversions (includes all metric unit prefixes)
- Measuring Length, Volume & Capacity (not using formulas)
- Area and Perimeter (not using formulas)
- 90° Angles and various Types of Angles (acute, obtuse, straight, reflex, right)
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 4 (yes, this product will be updated for the 2022 curriculum)
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5
This product supports:
- any measurement lessons.
Looking for other levels?
Ninja Note: If you teach Grade 5 and already own our Grade 5/6 version, there is no new content in this package for you. If you teach Grade 5 and are trying to decide between this one and the Grade 5/6 set, think about whether your students need more reinforcement (choose Grade 4/5) or enrichment (choose Grade 5/6).
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.