Year Long Math Interactive Notebook Bundle | Paper | Grade 4 Grade 5
Stop searching for your Canadian Grade 4 and 5 math lessons! Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess your entire year of math lessons is included in this print and use bundle. Teach number sense, operations, time, measurement, patterns, and graphing (and so much more). Your planning for the year is already done for you!
This all-inclusive product includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities and games to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- metric units.
- Canadian spellings.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 4 and Grade 5.
The specific units are:
Whole Number Concepts (newly updated!): Representing Whole Numbers (standard form, words, expanded form, pictures, place value charts, Base 10), Ordering Whole Numbers (greatest/least, greater than/less than), Rounding Whole Numbers (to specific place values/front end rounding); representing numbers from 1 000 to 10 000 000.
Whole Number Operations: Addition Strategies, Subtraction Strategies, Long Multiplication Strategies, Long Division Strategies,
Decimals and Fractions: Representing Decimals, Decimals Place Value, Addition and Subtraction of Decimals, Rounding Decimals Representing Fractions- (parts of a whole, parts of a set), Equivalent Fractions, Converting Fractions and Decimals, Ordering Fractions and Decimals
Time: Reading a Calendar, Telling Time: Hours, Half Hours, Quarters, Telling Time: Minutes, 12/24 Hours, About Elapsed Time and Calculating Elapsed Time
Statistics and Probability: Reading and Interpreting Graphs: bar graphs, pictographs, and double bar graphs, Creating a Graph: bar graphs, pictographs, and double bar graphs, Probability: Chance and Uncertainty
Patterns and Relations: Equality and Inequality, Sorting Numbers by Attributes: Venn Diagrams, Carroll Diagrams, Expressions With Variables, Pictorial and Concrete Patterns, Number Patterns, Explaining Pattern Rules: explicit/recursive patterns, Extending Patterns
Measurement: Referents, Metric Conversions, Measuring Length, Volume & Capacity, Area and Perimeter, 90° Angles (and Types of Angles)
Shapes, Objects, and Transformations: Types of Lines, Congruency, Symmetry, Polygons, Types of Triangles, Quadrilaterals, 3D Objects, Building Nets, Transformations
This resource aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 4 (yes, this product will be updated for the 2022 curriculum)
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5
This resource supports:
- any Canadian Grade 4 or Grade 5 math lessons.
We support these units with these materials:
Looking for another level?
- Interactive Math Notebook Bundle Grade 3 (newly updated to align with the new Alberta curriculum)
- Interactive Math Notebook Bundle Grades 5/6
Ninja Note: If you teach Grade 5 and already own our Grade 5/6 version, there is no new content in this package for you. If you teach Grade 5 and are trying to decide between this one and the Grade 5/6 set, think about whether your students need more reinforcement (choose Grade 4/5) or enrichment (choose Grade 5/6).
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files that contain each unit. Buyers need to download the ZIP and extract the PDF files to a computer. This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.