Year Long Math Interactive Math Unit Bundle | Paper | Grade 5 Grade 6
Stop searching for your Canadian Grade 5 and 6 math lessons! Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess your entire year of math lessons is included in this print-and-use bundle. Teach number sense, operations, measurement, patterns, transformations, integers, and graphing (and so much more). Your planning for the year is already done for you!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities and games to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 734 492 is used instead of 1,734,492.
- metric units.
- Canadian spellings.
This bundle includes:
Numbers and Integers: place value, comparing numbers, rounding, integers
Number Operations: mental math strategies, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, factors, multiples, prime numbers, composite numbers, order of operations
Decimals, Ratios, Fractions, and Percent: place value, adding and subtracting decimals, multiplication & division of decimals, mixed and improper fractions, adding and subtracting fractions, multiplying and dividing fractions, converting fractions and decimals, ordering and comparing numbers, ratios & percent
Statistics and Probability: double bar graphs, stem and leaf plots, line graphs, probability outcomes, theoretical and experimental chance
Patterns and Algebra: pictorial and concrete patterns (including vocabulary like terms, finite, infinite, increasing etc.), number patterns (arithmetic sequences, geometric sequences, triangle numbers, square numbers, Fibonacci Sequence, charts, tables and coordinate planes), expressions with variables, balancing and simplifying equations, preservation of equality, solving an equation for an unknown
Elapsed Time: time units, calculating the duration of time passed, time word problems, calculating elapsed time
Measurement: metric referents, metric conversions, length, perimeter, area, volume of prisms, capacity, area of triangles, area of parallelograms, area of trapezoids, types of angles (acute, obtuse, right, straight, reflex)
Geometry: (under revision) types of lines, congruency, symmetry, polygons, types of triangles, quadrilaterals, 3D Objects, making nets, transformations, and the Cartesian Plane.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 ©2022
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6
This resource supports:
- approximately Grade 5 or Grade 6 math lessons in Canada.
Need a different grade level?
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 3
Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 4
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 4/5
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 5
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 5/6
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 6
Where do you teach? We have worksheet sets that support this resource.
Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
Not sure if this is the right resource for you? Download our free alignment guide.
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files that contain each unit. Buyers need to download the ZIP and extract the PDF files to a computer. This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.