Year Long Math Interactive Notebook Bundle | Paper | Grade 5 Grade 6
Stop searching for your Canadian Grade 5 and 6 math lessons! Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess your entire year of math lessons is included in this print-and-use bundle. Teach number sense, operations, measurement, patterns, transformations, integers, and graphing (and so much more). Your planning for the year is already done for you!
This all-inclusive product includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities and games to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 734 492 is used instead of 1,734,492.
- metric units.
- Canadian spellings.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 5 and Grade 6.
This bundle includes:
- Representing Numbers & Integers: place value, rounding, integers
- Number Operations: mental math strategies, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, factors, multiples, prime numbers, composite numbers, order of operations
- Decimals, Ratios, Fractions, and Percent: place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication & division of decimals, mixed and improper fractions, converting fractions and decimals, ordering and comparing numbers, ratios & percent
- Statistics and Probability: double bar graphs, stem and leaf plots, line graphs, probability outcomes, theoretical and experimental chance
- Patterns & Relations: equality/inequality, expressions with variables, preservation of equality, pictorial/concrete patterns, number patterns, explaining pattern rules, extending patterns
- Measurement: referents, metric conversions, length, volume, capacity, area, perimeter, and angles
- Shapes, Objects & Transformations: types of lines, congruency, symmetry, polygons, types of triangles, quadrilaterals, 3D Objects, making nets, transformations, and the Cartesian Plane.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5 (yes, this will updated for the new Alberta curriculum in the future)
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 6
This product supports:
- any Canadian Grade 5 or Grade 6 math lessons.
We support these lessons with these materials:
- Task Cards Bundle for Grades 4/5 (paper, Google Slides and Google Forms) Coming soon!
- Math Worksheets Bundle for Grade 5 (paper)
Looking for a different level?
Ninja Note: If you teach Grade 5 and already own our Grade 4/5 version, there is no new content in this package for you. If you teach Grade 5 and are trying to decide between this one and the Grade 4/5 set, think about whether your students need more reinforcement (choose Grade 4/5) or enrichment (choose Grade 5/6).
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files that contain each unit. Buyers need to download the ZIP and extract the PDF files to a computer. This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.