Measurement Math Interactive Notebook Unit | Paper | Grade 5 Grade 6
Stop searching for your measurement lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess metric conversions, length, volume, capacity, and angles is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your metric measurement unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive product includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 374 492 is used instead of 1,374,492.
- metric units.
- Canadian spellings.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 5 and Grade 6.
The specific lessons are:
- Metric Referents
- Metric Conversions
- Measuring Length, Volume, and Capacity
- Volume of Prisms
- Area and Perimeter
- Types of Angles
- Interior Angles
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5 (yes, this will updated for the new Alberta curriculum in the future)
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 6
This product supports:
- any metric measurement lessons.
Looking for a different level?
Ninja Note: If you teach Grade 5 and already own our Grade 4/5 version, there is no new content in this package for you. If you teach Grade 5 and are trying to decide between this one and the Grade 4/5 set, think about whether your students need more reinforcement (choose Grade 4/5) or enrichment (choose Grade 5/6).
Ninja Note: This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.