Number Operations Math Interactive Notebook Unit | Paper | Grade 5 Grade 6
Stop searching for your number operations lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess addition, subtraction, factors and multiples, long multiplication, long division, prime and composite numbers, and order of operations is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your operations unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive product includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities and games to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 374 492 is used instead of 1,374,492.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 5 and Grade 6.
The specific lessons are:
- Mental Math Strategies
- Addition Strategies (4+ digits)
- Subtraction Strategies (4+ digits)
- Factors and Multiples (Greatest Common Factor/Lowest Common Multiple)
- Prime and Composite Numbers (Prime Factorization)
- Long Multiplication Strategies (2x1 digits, 3x1 digits, 2x2 digits)
- Long Division Strategies (with and without remainders)
- Order of Operations (whole numbers only)
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5 (yes, this will updated for the new Alberta curriculum in the future)
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 6
This product supports:
- any number operations lessons.
Looking for a different level?
Ninja Note: If you teach Grade 5 and already own our Grade 4/5 version, there is no new content in this package for you. If you teach Grade 5 and are trying to decide between this one and the Grade 4/5 set, think about whether your students need more reinforcement (choose Grade 4/5) or enrichment (choose Grade 5/6).
Ninja Note: This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.