Decimals, Fractions, Ratios, Percent Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 5 Grade 6
Stop searching for your decimal, fraction, ratio, and percent lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess decimals place value, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing decimals, rounding decimals, fractions, mixed fractions, improper fractions, equivalent fractions, ratio, and percent is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your fractions and decimals unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 374 492 is used instead of 1,374,492.
- decimals are shown as a period.
The lessons are:
- representing decimals to thousandths
- decimals place value to thousandths
- addition and subtraction of decimals
- multiplication and division of decimals
- representing proper fractions (parts of a whole, parts of a set)
- mixed and improper fractions
- equivalent fractions and simplifying fractions
- converting fractions and decimals
- ordering and comparing fractions and decimals
- adding and subtracting fractions
- multiplying and dividing fractions
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 ©2022
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 N5.5, N5.6, N5.7
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 N6.1, N6.4, N6.5, N6.7, N6.8
This resource supports:
- any fraction or decimals lessons.
Looking for a different level?
- Decimals and Fractions Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Decimals and Fractions Interactive Math Unit Grades 4/5
- Decimals and Fractions Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Decimals, Fractions, Ratios and Percent Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
Ninja Note: This resource requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.