Decimals, Fractions, Ratios, Percent Math Interactive Notebook Unit | Paper | Grade 5 Grade 6
Stop searching for your decimal, fraction, ratio, and percent lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess decimals place value, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing decimals, rounding decimals, fractions, mixed fractions, improper fractions, equivalent fractions, ratio, and percent is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your fractions and decimals unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive product includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 374 492 is used instead of 1,374,492.
- decimals are shown as a period.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 5 and Grade 6.
The specific lessons include:
- Representing Decimals
- Decimals Place Value
- Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
- Multiplication and Division of Decimals
- Rounding Decimals
- Representing Fractions (parts of a whole, parts of a set)
- Equivalent Fractions
- Mixed and Improper Fractions
- Converting Fractions and Decimals
- Ordering Fractions and Decimals
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5 (yes, this will updated for the new Alberta curriculum in the future)
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 6
This product supports:
- any decimals, fractions, ratios or percent lessons.
Looking for a different level?
Ninja Note: If you teach Grade 5 and already own our Grade 4/5 version, there is no new content in this package for you. If you teach Grade 5 and are trying to decide between this one and the Grade 4/5 set, think about whether your students need more reinforcement (choose Grade 4/5) or enrichment (choose Grade 5/6).
Ninja Note: This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.