Decimals and Fractions Math Interactive Notebook Unit | Paper | Grade 4 Grade 5
Stop searching for your fractions and decimals lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess decimals place value, adding and subtracting decimals, rounding decimals, fractions, equivalent fractions, comparing and ordering fractions, and converting decimals to fractions is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your decimals and fractions unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive product includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities and games to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- decimal points that are shown as a period.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 4 and Grade 5.
The specific lessons are:
- Representing Decimals
- Decimals Place Value
- Addition and Subtraction of Decimals
- Rounding Decimals
- Representing Fractions (parts of a whole, parts of a set)
- Equivalent Fractions
- Converting Fractions and Decimals
- Ordering Fractions and Decimals
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 4 (yes, this product will be updated for the 2022 curriculum)
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5
This product supports:
- any fractions or decimals lessons.
Looking for a different level?
Ninja Note: If you teach Grade 5 and already own our Grade 5/6 version, there is no new content in this package for you. If you teach Grade 5 and are trying to decide between this one and the Grade 5/6 set, think about whether your students need more reinforcement (choose Grade 4/5) or enrichment (choose Grade 5/6).
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.