Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 4 Grade 5
Stop searching for your statistics and graphing lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess types of data, bar graphs, pictographs, double bar graphs, stem and leaf plots and probability is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your graphing unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 4 and Grade 5.
The specific lessons are:
- first-hand data and second-hand data.
- ways to organize data in tables, with tally marks, lists, numerically and organized lists.
- mean, median, mode
- frequency and range
- one-to-one and many-to-one correspondence
- reading and creating bar graphs
- reading and creating line plots (dot plots)
- reading and creating pictographs
- reading and creating double bar graphs
- reading and creating stem and leaf plots
- probability: chance and uncertainty
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 ©2022
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 SP4.1
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 SP5.2, SP5.3
This resource supports:
- any graphing or statistics lessons.
- in introducing probability outcomes.
Looking for a different level?
- Statistics and Graphing Interactive Notebook Grade 3
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Notebook Grades 5/6
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.