Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 6
Stop searching for your statistics and probability lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess double bar graphs, line graphs, stem and leaf plots, and probability is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your graphing and probability unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 6.
The specific lessons include:
- first-hand data and second-hand data.
- ways to organize data in tables, with tally marks, lists, numerically and organized lists.
- mean, median, mode
- frequency and range
- one-to-one and many-to-one correspondence
- reading and creating double bar graphs
- reading and creating stem and leaf plots
- reading and creating line graphs (broken and continuous)
- probability: chance and uncertainty
- theoretical and experimental probability
This resource aligns with:
Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 SP6.1, SP6.2
This resource supports:
- any graphing or statistics lessons.
- in introducing probability outcomes.
Looking for a different level?
- Statistics and Graphing Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit Grades 4/5
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit Grade 5/6
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.