Year Long Math Interactive Math Unit Bundle | Paper | Grade 6
Stop searching for your Canadian Grade 6 math lessons! Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess your entire year of math lessons is included in this print-and-use bundle. Teach number sense, operations, decimals, patterns, and algebra (and so much more). Your planning for the year is already done for you!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities and games to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 734 492 is used instead of 1,734,492.
- metric units.
- Canadian spellings.
This bundle includes:
Number Operations: mental math strategies, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, factors, multiples, prime numbers, composite numbers, order of operations (with whole numbers, brackets and exponents)
Decimals, Ratios, Fractions, and Percent: place value, adding and subtracting decimals, multiplication & division of decimals, mixed and improper fractions, adding and subtracting fractions, multiplying and dividing fractions, converting fractions and decimals, ordering and comparing numbers, ratios & percent
Patterns and Algebra: pictorial and concrete patterns (including vocabulary like terms, finite, infinite, increasing etc.), number patterns (arithmetic sequences, geometric sequences, triangle numbers, square numbers, Fibonacci Sequence, charts, tables and coordinate planes), expressions with variables, balancing and simplifying equations, preservation of equality, solving an equation for an unknown
Statistics and Probability: first-hand data and second-hand data, ways to organize data in tables, with tally marks, lists, numerically and organized lists, mean, median, mode, frequency and range, one-to-one and many-to-one correspondence, reading and creating double bar graphs, reading and creating stem and leaf plots, reading and creating line graphs (broken and continuous)
probability: chance and uncertainty, theoretical and experimental probability
Measurement: metric referents, metric conversions, perimeter of regular and irregular shapes, area of rectangles and complex shapes, measuring volume of rectangular prisms, measuring capacity (mL and L), area of triangles, area of parallelograms, area of trapezoids, types of angles (acute, obtuse, right, straight and reflex), interior angles (triangles and quadrilaterals)
Geometry: coming soon!
This resource aligns with:
Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6
This resource supports:
- approximately Grade 6 math lessons in Canada.
Need a different grade level?
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 3
Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 4
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 4/5
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 5
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 5/6
- Year-Long Interactive Math Unit Bundle Grade 6
Where do you teach? We have worksheet sets that support this resource.
Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
Not sure if this is the right resource for you? Download our free alignment guide.
Ninja Note: This file is a ZIP file. It contains all the PDF files that contain each unit. Buyers need to download the ZIP and extract the PDF files to a computer. This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.