Geometry Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 6
Stop searching for your geometry lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess congruency, symmetry, types of triangles, translations, reflections, rotations, ordered pairs, coordinates, and the Cartesian Plane is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning is already done for you!
This geometry resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 374 492 is used instead of 1,374,492.
The specific lessons include:
- congruency (shapes, side lengths, angles, edges)
- line symmetry and plane symmetry of shapes, objects and patterns
- types of triangles (equilateral, isosceles, scalene, acute, right, obtuse)
- reading and plotting ordered pairs on the first quadrant of the Cartesian plane
- multiple-event transformations: translations (slides), rotations (turns) and reflections (flips)
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Math Curriculum Grade 6 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 SP6.1, SP6.2
This resource supports:
- any beginner geometry lessons.
Looking for a different level?
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 4/5
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 5/6
We also have support materials available:
- Alberta Geometry Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- British Columbia Geometry Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Geometry Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
We have other topics for this grade level:
- Number and Integer Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
- Number Operations Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
- Decimals, Fractions, Ratios and Percent Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
- Patterns and Algebra Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
- Get the whole year in one bundle!
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Not sure if this is the right resource for you? Download our free alignment guide.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.