Geometry Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 5
Stop searching for your geometry lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess types of lines, congruency, symmetry, shapes, objects, and transformations is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your geometry unit is already done for you!
This geometry resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- Canadian spellings.
The specific lessons are:
- types of lines (horizontal, vertical, diagonal, perpendicular, parallel and intersecting)
- congruency (shapes, side lengths, angles, edges)
- line symmetry and plane symmetry of shapes, objects and patterns
- rotational symmetry and order of rotation
- polygons (triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, octagons)
- quadrilaterals (trapezoids, kites, parallelograms, rhombuses, rectangles, squares)
- 3D objects (cones, cylinders, spheres, prisms and pyramids)
- building nets of 3D objects
- reading and plotting ordered pairs on the first quadrant of the Cartesian plane
- single-event transformations: translations (slides), rotations (turns) and reflections (flips)
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Math Curriculum Grade 5 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 SS5.5 SS5.6 SS5.7
Looking for a different level?
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 4/5
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 5/6
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
We also have support materials available:
- Alberta Geometry Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
- Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
- British Columbia Geometry Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
- British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Geometry Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 5
We have other topics for this grade level:
- Whole Number Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Number Operations Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Decimals, Fractions, Ratios and Percent Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Patterns and Algebra Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Calculating Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Get the whole year in one bundle!
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Not sure if this is the right resource for you? Download our free alignment guide.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.