Calculating Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 5
Stop searching for your reading clocks lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess elapsed time is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your time unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- alignment guides for BC.
The specific lessons are:
- About Elapsed Time
- Calculating Elapsed Time
This resource aligns with:
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
This resource supports:
- learning to compare times or calculate duration
Need a different grade level?
We have other sets for other grades. They have not been updated with the “no cut” version yet, but that is underway.
- Time and Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Reading Clocks and Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Reading Clocks and Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 4/5
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.