Time and Measurement Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 3
What if you could have your entire time and measurement unit planned out for you? Our interactive notebook comes with everything you need to plan, teach, practice, and assess your math class. We give background information and everything you need to explicitly teach concepts for reading a clock, reading a calendar, length, mass, capacity, perimeter, right angles and so much more in your Canadian Grade 3 classroom.
This engaging resource includes:
- instructions for how to set up, assess, and use interactive notebooks. It has a version that doesn’t require cutting and gluing if you’re worried about time.
- complete lesson plans with all the concepts broken down. This is helpful if you need to leave lessons for substitute teachers, your math skills are a little rusty, or the government recently changed the curriculum and didn’t give you any time to learn how to teach it (shout out to Alberta teachers!)
- student template pages. Our templates include versions that require printing, cutting, gluing, and writing as well as versions that just require printing and writing. Alternative versions are included so you can differentiate.
- practice pages (worksheets) to help practice the concepts or to use for formative assessment.
- proof questions that can be used for formative assessment or exit tickets.
- games and activities to help reinforce concepts, to use for early finishers, or just for some math fun.
- unit test pages. There are a variety of levels so it makes it easy for you to modify for your class. These pages are left plain and simple without grades or levels on them to help with student test anxiety.
- alignment guides for Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan. The list of lessons are aligned to each specific curriculum so it’s easy for teachers to know which lessons to teach and what to highlight in each lesson.
- Canadian spellings.
- SI Notation meaning numbers are written with a space between place value columns instead of a comma. Example 3 000 instead of 3,000.
- metric measurements.
- 360 pages.
Topics addressed in this unit:
- Time concepts
- Reading a calendar
- Reading a clock (am/pm, 12/24 hour, English/French time)
- Length referents millimetres, centimetres, metres (and inches, feet, yards)
- Measuring and estimating length
- Mass (grams/kilograms)
- Capacity (millilitres/litres)
- Perimeter, area and circumference
- Right angles
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 3 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 3
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 3
This resource supports:
- any Canadian Grade 2-5 math class.
- math classes in the Yukon and Northwest Territories (though it recommended you use the province’s curriculum your territory recommends).
Looking for a different level?
- Reading Clocks and Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Reading Clocks and Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 4/5
- Calculating Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Calculating Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 5/6
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 4/5
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 5/6
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
We also have support materials available:
- Alberta Time and Measurement Worksheet Bundle Grade 3
- Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 3
- British Columbia Time and Measurement Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 3
- British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 3
- Saskatchewan Time and Measurement Worksheet Bundle Grade 3
- Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 3
We have other topics for this grade level:
- Numbers and Fractions Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Number Operations Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Patterns and Relations Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Statistics and Graphing Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Get the whole year in one bundle!
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Not sure if this is the right resource for you? Download our free alignment guide.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.