Measurement Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 4
Stop searching for your measurement lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess length, perimeter, area, volume, capacity, types of angles, and metric units is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your measurement unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- alignment guides for Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan.
The specific lessons included are:
- metric referents
- metric conversions (includes all metric unit prefixes)
- perimeter of rectangles, regular and irregular polygons and complex shapes
- area of rectangles
- the volume of right rectangular prisms
- capacity (mL and L)
- classifying, measuring and drawing types of angles (acute, obtuse, straight, right)
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 SS4.2
Looking for other levels?
- Time and Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 4/5
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grades 5/6
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.