Number Concepts Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 4
Stop searching for your number sense lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess place value, Base 10, rounding, and ordering numbers up to the ten millions place is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your representing numbers unit is already done for you!
This engaging resource includes:
- instructions for how to set up, assess, and use interactive notebooks. It has a version that doesn’t require cutting and gluing if you’re worried about time.
- complete lesson plans with all the concepts broken down. This is helpful if you need to leave lessons for substitute teachers, your math skills are a little rusty, or are piloting a new version of the curriculum.
- lessons designed to work in a combined grade class or for students that require differentiation from their enrolled grade level. See the notes below about individual grades.
- student template pages. Our templates include versions that require printing, cutting, gluing, and writing as well as versions that just require printing and writing. Alternative versions are included so you can differentiate.
- practice pages (worksheets) to help practice the concepts or to use for formative assessment.
- proof questions that can be used for formative assessment or exit tickets.
- games and activities to help reinforce concepts, to use for early finishers, or just for some math fun.
- unit test pages. There are a variety of levels so it makes it easy for you to modify for your class. These pages are left plain and simple without grades or levels on them to help with student test anxiety.
- alignment guides for Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan. The list of lessons are aligned to each specific curriculum so it’s easy for teachers to know which lessons to teach and what to highlight in each lesson.
- clear fonts and borders to reduce distractions.
- a print list page for teachers. You can make a list of exactly what you need without printing the whole book. This makes it easier to batch prep all your materials for units.
- Canadian spellings.
- SI Notation meaning numbers are written with a space between place value columns instead of a comma. Example 30 000 instead of 30,000.
- metric measurements.
Topics addressed in this unit:
- representing and decomposing whole numbers from 1 000 to 1 000 000: standard form, expanded form, words, base 10, place value charts
- ordering and comparing whole numbers in sequences or using symbols < > =.
- rounding whole numbers to specific place values or front end rounding.
Ninja Note: Decimal concepts and money concepts are included in the Decimals and Fractions Unit.
This resource aligns with:
Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 N4.1
- any Canadian Grade 3-6 math class.
- math classes in the Yukon and Northwest Territories (though it recommended you use the province’s curriculum your territory recommends).
Looking for a different level?
- Numbers and Fractions Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Whole Number Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 4/5
- Whole Number Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 5
- Number and Integer Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 5/6
- Number and Integer Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
We also have support materials available:
- Alberta Number Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 4
- Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 4
- British Columbia Number Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 4
- British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 4
- Saskatchewan Number Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 4
- Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 4
We have other topics for this grade level:
- Number Operations Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Decimals and Fractions Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Patterns and Algebra Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Reading Clocks and Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Geometry Concepts Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Get the whole year in one bundle!
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Not sure if this is the right resource for you? Download our free alignment guide.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.