Reading Clocks and Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 4 Grade 5
Stop searching for your reading clocks lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess reading clocks, am/pm time, 24-hour clocks, and elapsed time is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your time unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 34 492 is used instead of 34,492.
- Calendar dates are written (dd/mm/yy) and (mm/dd/yy) and specify when to use each.
- alignment guides for Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan.
The specific lessons are:
- Reading a Calendar and Writing Dates
- 12/24-Hour Clocks and AM/PM
- Telling Time: Hours, Half and Quarter Hours
- Telling Time: Minutes
- About Elapsed Time
- Calculating Elapsed Time
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 ©2022
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 5 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 SS4.1
This resource supports:
- lessons about learning to tell time
- reading clocks
- learning to compare times or calculate duration
Need a different grade level?
We have other sets for other grades. They have not been updated with the “no cut” version yet, but that is underway.
- Time and Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 3
- Reading Clocks and Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 4 (coming soon!)
- Calculating Elapsed Time Interactive Math Unit Grade 5 (coming soon!)
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.