Patterns and Algebra Interactive Math Unit | Paper | Grade 6
Stop searching for your patterns and relations lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess patterns and expressions with variables is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your patterns unit is already done for you!
Get this unit and all our other Grade 6 units in our Year Long Math Interactive Notebook Unit Bundle. Coming soon!
This all-inclusive resource includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 374 492 is used instead of 1,374,492.
- Canadian spellings.
Topics addressed in this unit:
- Pictorial and concrete patterns (terms, core, repeating, increasing, decreasing, finite, infinite)
- Number patterns: sequences: arithmetic, geometric, triangle, square, Fibonacci
- Number patterns: charts, tables, and coordinate planes
- Writing expressions with variables
- Writing expressions from descriptions or story problems
- Preservation of equality
- Solving for an unknown in one or two operation equations
This resource aligns with:
Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 P6.1, P6.2, P6.3
This resource supports:
- any Canadian Grade 4-6 math class.
- math classes in the Yukon and Northwest Territories (though it recommended you use the province’s curriculum your territory recommends).
Looking for a different level?
- Patterns and Algebra Interactive Notebook Grade 3
- Patterns and Algebra Interactive Math Unit Grade 4
- Patterns and Algebra Interactive Notebook Grades 4/5
- Patterns and Algebra Interactive Notebook Grade 5
- Patterns and Algebra Interactive Notebook Grade 5/6
Where do you teach?
- Alberta Patterns and Algebra Worksheet Bundle Grade 6 (coming soon)
- Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6 (coming soon)
- British Columbia Patterns and Algebra Worksheet Bundle Grade 6 (coming soon)
- British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6 (coming soon)
- Saskatchewan Patterns and Algebra Worksheet Bundle Grade 6 (coming soon)
- Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6 (coming soon)
Ninja Note: This resource requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.