Statistics and Probability Math Interactive Notebook Unit | Paper | Grade 5 Grade 6
Stop searching for your statistics and probability lessons. Everything you need to teach, practice, and assess double bar graphs, line graphs, stem and leaf plots, and probability is included in this print-and-use unit. Your planning for your graphing and probability unit is already done for you!
This all-inclusive product includes:
- a complete lesson on how to set up, use, and assess interactive math notebooks. These are hands-on paper notebooks that your students can use all year long.
- complete lesson plans with modifications for differentiation.
- student templates (with differentiated options).
- student worksheets (with various levels of difficulty so you can differentiate).
- photographs of student examples.
- activities to reinforce the concepts.
- answer keys.
- Build Your Own Unit Test: Several pages with answer keys are included with opportunities to mix and match to differentiate for all of your individual students.
- SI Notation for Canadian teachers. Spaces are used between place values instead of commas. For example, 1 374 492 is used instead of 1,374,492.
- Canadian spellings.
- Alberta Program of Studies checklist for Grade 5 and Grade 6.
The specific lessons include:
- Reading and Interpreting Graphs: double bar graphs, stem and leaf plots, line graphs
- Creating a Graph: double bar graphs, stem and leaf plots, line graphs
- Probability: Chance and Uncertainty
- Theoretical and Experimental Probability
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 5 (yes, this will updated for the new Alberta curriculum in the future)
- the Alberta Program of Studies Math Grade 6
This product supports:
- any graphing and probability lessons.
Looking for a different level?
- Statistics and Graphing Interactive Notebook Grade 3
- Statistics and Probability Interactive Notebook Grades 4/5
Ninja Note: If you teach Grade 5 and already own our Grade 4/5 version, there is no new content in this package for you. If you teach Grade 5 and are trying to decide between this one and the Grade 4/5 set, think about whether your students need more reinforcement (choose Grade 4/5) or enrichment (choose Grade 5/6).
Ninja Note: This product requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.