Area of 2D Shapes Without Formulas Math Worksheets | Paper
Calculate the area of simple polygons using metric measurements or square units with these math worksheets. Use them for practice, review, or assessment. They only take moments to prep and make differentiation easy peasy.
This measurement resource includes:
- 15 different pages to practice choosing the best referent between square centimetres and square metres, calculating square units of irregular polygons, constructing rectangles given an area measurement, and finding the missing length when given the area and length for one side of a rectangle. Students do not need to use formulas for these activities.
- pages that can easily be used as assessments.
- three pages of word problems.
- a colouring page to use for review.
- answer keys or suggested answers for all 15 pages.
- Canadian/British spellings and metric measurements (centimetres and metres).
- SI Notation, so numbers are written with spaces between place values instead of commas. (Example: 3 000 instead of 3,000).
This set aligns with:
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 5
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 SS4.2
This set supports:
- any lesson about calculating area using metric measurements.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.