Writing Expressions and Equations With Variables Math Worksheets | Paper | Grade 4
Give students the chance to learn how to write expressions and equations that contain variables. All the operations are included and students will use descriptions or story problems to write expressions. Use them for practice, review, or assessment. They only take moments to prep and make differentiation easy peasy.
This easy-to-use resource includes:
- 15 different pages about writing expressions and equations that contain a variable. Students will write multiplication expressions with a coefficient and variable (for example, 2n) and division as a fraction (for example n/2). They will write expressions and equations based on descriptions and word problems. Students do not need to solve the equations.
- three colouring pages to use for review.
- answer keys or suggested answers for all 15 pages.
- Canadian/British spellings and metric measurements.
- SI Notation, so numbers are written with spaces between place values instead of commas. (Example: 3 000 instead of 3,000).
This set aligns with:
- Alberta Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 ©2022
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 4
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 4 P4.2
This set supports:
- any patterns lessons.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.