Introductory Vocabulary | French | Paper and Digital
Introduce students in your French as a Second Language class to greetings, politeness, leave-takings, and states of being with these lessons, games, and activities. These lessons can be used any time, even without French speaking skills and they are perfect to leave with your English-speaking substitute teacher!
This activity is part of our French as a Second Language Bundle.
This introductory French product includes:
- complete lesson plans with instructions to modify. Plans are written in English.
- a Google Slides version for most of the activities.
- student pages.
- photographs of student examples.
- lessons that take 10 minutes or less or prepare.
- games with instructions and simple game pieces.
- drama activities.
- drawing activities.
- answer keys.
The lessons include:
- Greetings & Leave-Takings
- States of Being
This product is meant to be used with students who can already read and write in English. These lessons are not intended for French Immersion classes.
These lessons were designed to align with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies FSL for Grade 4-6
These lessons support:
- any upper elementary French class with students who can already read basic English.
- French Canadian French is used. See note below.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Les textes en français de ce document sont écrits d’après les rectifications de l’orthographe recommandées par le Conseil supérieur de la langue française (Paris, 1990). Pour plus d’informations veuillez consulter le site suivant: www.orthographe-recommandee.info
The French texts in this document are written using the new French spelling recommended by the Conseil supérieur de la langue française (Paris, 1990). For more information please consult the following website: www.orthographe-recommandee.info