French Idiom Lesson and Activity | Expressions idiomatiques | Paper
Explore French idioms with your students! This brief lesson plan takes only moments to prep. It is a perfect lesson for French as a Second Language class. After learning this literary device, students draw a literal visual representation and a figurative representation of an idiom. This product does not require French to use.
This no-prep product includes:
- a complete lesson plan with opportunities to differentiate for your students.
- photos of completed student examples.
- 60 prepared student idiom pages that include English translations.
- chart of French idioms with English meanings and equivalents.
- a blank template so you can add your own. This page is not editable digitally.
- instructions that are so simple, you can leave this activity with your English speaking substitute teacher.
This product is meant to be used with students who can already read and write in English. These lessons are not intended for French Immersion classes.
These lessons were designed to align with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies FSL for Grade 5-8
These lessons support:
- any upper elementary French class with students who can already read basic English.
- French Canadian French is used. See note below.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Les textes en français de ce document sont écrits d’après les rectifications de l’orthographe recommandées par le Conseil supérieur de la langue française (Paris, 1990). Pour plus d’informations veuillez consulter le site suivant: www.orthographe-recommandee.info
The French texts in this document are written using the new French spelling recommended by the Conseil supérieur de la langue française (Paris, 1990). For more information please consult the following website: www.orthographe-recommandee.info