French Class Emergency Sub Plans | Paper | Grade 4 Grade 5 Grade 6
Take all the worry and stress out of creating sub plans in the middle of a disaster with this set of plans to get your substitute teacher through 150-200 minutes of French class instruction even if they don't speak a word of French. Put your students to work and your mind at ease while you're out of the classroom handling life.
This time-saving product:
- 150-200 minutes worth of word work, reading and writing activities. Extension activities are included just in case the supply teacher needs more to do.
- editable pages with instructions to set up a supply teacher binder that can be used all year long. Suggestions on how to handle multiple groups of students.
- is designed to be used by any teacher of any skill level. We know subs are hard to come by these days!
- a fun Canadian inventions theme.
- detailed instructions for your supply teacher for all the activities (so any sub should be able to follow along). The plans are in English in case you cannot find a French-speaking sub.
- background information about French language skills just in case the teacher needs it.
- student pages with English instructions so they can work independently while you're away.
- answer keys or suggested answers.
- some of the activities can be enhanced with access to the Internet if there is extra time.
This product should be used with students who can already read and write in English. This activity is not intended for French Immersion classes. While we have indicated these lessons are designed for French language learners, they will easily work with students above Grade 7.
These lessons were designed to align with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies FSL for Grade 4-9
These lessons support:
- any upper elementary French class with students who can already read basic English.
- French Canadian French. See note below.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Need plans for your English class?
- Emergency Sub Plans Hoaxes and Ogopogos Grades 4-6 (2 full days with a different theme, but you won't have to set up your sub binder again).
- Emergency Sub Plans Sticky SItuations Grades 4-6 (2 full days with a theme of sticky things like maple syrup, honey and molasses)
- Emergency Sub Plans Video Games Grades 3-4 (2 full days with a theme of video games and gaming)
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Les textes en français de ce document sont écrits d’après les rectifications de l’orthographe recommandées par le Conseil supérieur de la langue française (Paris, 1990). Pour plus d’informations veuillez consulter le site suivant: www.orthographe-recommandee.info
The French texts in this document are written using the new French spelling recommended by the Conseil supérieur de la langue française (Paris, 1990). For more information please consult the following website: www.orthographe-recommandee.info