Free Poppy Art Project | Paper | Remembrance Day Art
This watercolour poppy painting helps teach your students the basics of using watercolour paints and paper. It makes a beautiful piece of art any time of year, but we often make these near Remembrance Day.
This artful resource includes:
- one art project that can usually be completed within a few hours from start to the end of clean-up.
- a complete lesson plan with step-by-step instructions with modifications to differentiate for your students (or your available supplies).
- a project that uses art materials found in most classrooms like watercolour paint, watercolour paper, and paintbrushes.
- photographs of student examples.
- instructions to minimize prep work and clean up.
art projects designed for the "not-an-art-teacher" generalist (meaning they don't require you to have a lot of specialized art skills).
This resource supports:
- any science unit about plants.
- Remembrance Day observances.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use the student pages. Teachers are not required to print the plans or photographs to use them. Instead, they can be displayed on a projector to be shared with students.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.