Plants Inspired Art Projects
This set of nine art projects incorporates drawing, painting, and sculpture building to create art projects that emphasize the features of different plant parts such as petals and leaves. Combine your science lessons with art!
This colourful product includes:
- nine different art projects (each one can usually be completed within a few hours from start to the end of clean-up).
- complete lesson plans with step-by-step instructions with modifications to differentiate for your students (or your available supplies).
- projects that use art materials found in most classrooms like Tempera paint, watercolour paint, markers, construction paper, watercolour paper, cardstock, wax crayons, and paintbrushes.
- photographs of student examples.
- reflection pages for students in English and French.
- instructions to minimize prep work and clean up.
art projects designed for the "not-an-art-teacher" generalist (meaning they don't require you to have a lot of specialized art skills).
Many of the projects are enhanced if you have access to the internet.
This product supports:
- any science unit about plants.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use the student pages. Teachers are not required to print the plans or photographs to use them. Instead, they can be displayed on a projector to be shared with students.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.