Plants Inspired Art Projects | Paper
This set of nine art projects incorporates drawing, painting, and sculpture building to create art projects that emphasize the features of different plant parts such as petals and leaves. Combine your science lessons with art!
This colourful resource includes:
- nine different art projects (each one can usually be completed within a few hours from start to the end of clean-up).
- complete lesson plans with step-by-step instructions with modifications to differentiate for your students (or your available supplies).
- photographs of student examples.
- reflection pages for students in English and French.
- instructions to minimize prep work and clean up.
- art projects designed for the "not-an-art-teacher" generalist.
Many of the projects are enhanced if you have access to the internet.
This resource supports:
- any basic plant unit.
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science Plant Growth and Changes
- Saskatchewan Science Curriculum Grade 3 Plant Growth and Changes PL3.1 PL3.2
- Ontario Science Curriculum Grade 3 Growth and Changes in Plants
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use the student pages. Teachers are not required to print the plans or photographs to use them. Instead, they can be displayed on a projector to be shared with students.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.