Light and Shadow Art Projects
This set of thirteen art projects incorporates photography, drawing, painting, and sculpture building to create art projects that emphasize the science of light, shadow, and translucency. Combine your art and science lessons without any extra prep.
This resource is included in our Art Project Bundle with all our art sets at a discount. It is also included in our Grade 4 Alberta Science Bundle and our Light and Shadow Science Bundle.
This brilliant resource includes:
- thirteen different art projects (each one can usually be completed within a few hours from start to the end of clean-up).
- complete lesson plans with step-by-step instructions with modifications to differentiate for your students (or your available supplies).
- projects that use art materials found in most classrooms like Tempera paint, watercolour paint, black markers, construction paper, pipecleaners, chalk, tin foil, watercolour paper, cardstock, cardboard, pencil crayons and paintbrushes.
- photographs of student examples.
- reflection pages for students in English and French.
- instructions to minimize prep work and clean up.
art projects designed for the "not-an-art-teacher" generalist (meaning they don't require you to have a lot of specialized art skills).
Ninja Note: Some of these projects require access to cameras or digital tools (these do not need to be on a 1:1 basis). Many of the projects are enhanced if you have access to the internet.
Want to try a free lesson from this set?
This resource supports:
- any science unit about light and shadow.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use the student pages. Teachers are not required to print the plans or photographs to use them. Instead, they can be displayed on a projector to be shared with students.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.