Winter Art Projects
This set of fifteen art projects incorporates painting, sculpture, drawing and design to create works of art that bring winter alive. These projects make great gifts, decorations for winter events, or brighten up your classroom.
This winter resource includes:
- fifteen different art projects (each one can usually be completed within a few hours from start to the end of clean-up, though some need to dry overnight).
- complete lesson plans with step-by-step instructions with modifications to differentiate for your students (or your available supplies).
- projects that use art materials found in most classrooms like Tempera paint, watercolour paint, black markers, construction paper, watercolour paper, pastels, cardstock, pencil crayons and paintbrushes. The specific materials lists can be found in the images.
- photographs of student examples.
- reflection pages for students in English and French.
- instructions to minimize prep work and clean up.
- art projects designed for the "not-an-art-teacher" generalist (meaning they don't require you to have a lot of specialized art skills).
- no Christmas-themed projects. We have a different set for Christmas Art Projects.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use the student pages. Teachers are not required to print the plans or photographs to use them. Instead, they can be displayed on a projector to be shared with students.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.