Wetlands Threats and Conservation | Paper and Digital
Teach students about the different threats to wetlands and how their proactive actions can help protect the environment. It only takes a few minutes to prep by choosing which activities your students will complete.
This engaging resource includes:
- a complete lesson plan with modifications for a variety of learning needs with minimal preparation.
- lessons that include drawing, diagramming, note-taking, and critical thinking.
- student pages and templates.
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- a creative activity where students present ways to conserve the wetlands: includes student planning pages, presentation pages, a rubric, and reflection pages.
- photographs of student examples.
- extension opportunities for your students.
- plants and animals native to Canada. Sorry, no alligators.
- a digital version with loose text that can be read by your assistive technology.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Wetland Ecosystems
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about wetlands or ecosystems.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF. To print or access the digital version, download the file and click on the digital access link.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.