Wetlands | Importance and Roles | Paper and Digital
Students will learn the purpose of wetland ecosystems and their importance to our environment through these activities and experiments that only take moments to prepare. The roles of wetlands are described in student-friendly language and students will turn these characteristics into superhero traits.
This engaging resource includes:
- a complete lesson plan with modifications for a variety of learning needs or students who need a challenge with minimal preparation.
- activities include drawing, reading, and experimenting.
- a creating analogies activity.
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- student pages and templates.
- photographs of student examples.
- review quiz.
- plants and animals that are native to Canada. Sorry, no alligators.
- a digital version with loose text that can be read by your assistive technology.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Wetland Ecosystems
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about wetlands or ecosystems.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF. To print or access the digital version, download the file and click on the digital access link.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.