Wetlands Reading Passages | Paper and Digital
Learn everything there is to know about wetlands through these simple reading passages that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages or posting a link to the pages. These passages were written to replace the need for textbooks whether you are teaching in person or online.
This useful resource includes:
- ten reading passages designed for an approximate Grade Five reading level (though we understand that not all students read at the exact level).
- topics aligned to wetland ecosystems outcomes so you can use them throughout your unit.
- paper and digital versions are included for each text. The digital version has text that is accessible to assistive technologies.
- simple suggestions to use the reading passages.
Ninja Note: We are Canadian, so the plants and animals included in these passages are found in Canada -- sorry, but there are no alligators.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Wetland Ecosystems
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about wetlands or ecosystems.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF. To print or access the digital version, download the file and click on the digital access link.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.