Wetlands Physical and Behavioural Adaptations | Paper
Teach your students all about physical and behavioural adaptations of plants and animals in wetlands ecosystems with this no-prep activity where students are asked to document a new species found in the wetlands. Everything you need to teach and assess adaptations is ready to go as soon as your print it out.
This engaging product includes:
- complete lesson plans with opportunities to differentiate for your students.
- background information for teachers.
- student pages and templates.
- photographs of student examples
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- creative and critical thinking task where students will use what they have learned about adaptations to create fictional plants and animals.
- a quiz.
- extension opportunities that discuss life cycles, food chains, and everything else one would need to know about the life of the organisms created by your students.
- plants and animals native to Canada. Sorry, no alligators.
This lesson was classroom tested several times with a variety of students (mainly fifth grade) and it was a classroom favourite.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies-Grade 5 Science Wetland Ecosystems
This product supports:
- any basic wetland ecosystems unit.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.