Wetlands Food Chains and Food Webs | Paper and Digital
Teach the different roles of producers, consumers, decomposers of organisms, food chains, food webs, and their dependence on each other in wetland ecosystems through these activities and assessments that require no more prepping than simply choosing the activities your students will love.
This engaging resource includes:
- complete lessons which include modifications for a variety of learning needs with minimal preparation
- lessons that include drawing, reading, diagramming, note-taking, and critical thinking.
- lessons about producers, consumers (primary, secondary and tertiary), decomposers and scavengers.
- student pages and templates
- answer keys and suggested answers.
- an additional writing activity where students can creatively share their learning: includes student planning pages, presentation pages, student examples, and a rubric.
- photographs of student examples.
- extension opportunities for your students.
- plants and animals native to Canada. Sorry, no alligators.
- a digital version with loose text that your assistive technology can read.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 5 Science Wetland Ecosystems
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about wetlands or ecosystems.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF. To print or access the digital version, download the file and click on the digital access link.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.