Volume Area and Perimeter of Rectangular Prisms Math Worksheets | Paper | Metric Units
Calculate the volume of rectangular prisms using area and perimeter measurements in millimetres, centimetres, metres, and kilometres with these math worksheets. Use them for practice, review, or assessment. They only take moments to prep these pages and make differentiation a snap.
This resource can be bought in a bundle where you’ll get it at a discount. More information is found below.
This easy to use measurement resource includes:
- 15 different pages about finding the missing edge when given two edges and the prism, calculating the volume of a prism when given the measurement of an edge, or the area or perimeter of a face. Students will examine how volume, area and perimeter are related.
- pages that can easily be used as assessments.
- two pages of word problems.
- a colouring page for review.
- answer keys or suggested answers for all 15 pages.
- Canadian/British spellings and metric measurements mm, cm, m, km and their cubic counterparts like mm³.
- SI Notation, so numbers are written with spaces between place values instead of commas. (Example: 30 000 instead of 30,000).
This resource aligns with:
- British Columbia Mathematics Curricular Competencies Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Mathematics Curriculum Grade 6 SS6.2
This resource supports:
- any lesson about volume.
We use this resource with:
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 5/6
- Interactive Math Unit Full Year Bundle Grade 5/6
- Measurement Interactive Math Unit Grade 6
- Interactive Math Unit Full Year Bundle Grade 6
Where do you teach? We have aligned sets for this topic.
- Alberta Measurement Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- Alberta Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- British Columbia Measurement Concepts Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- British Columbia Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Measurement Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
- Saskatchewan Full Year Worksheet Bundle Grade 6
We also have more general bundles if you teach elsewhere in Canada:
Want to try a free set?
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.