Simple Machines Task Cards | Name the Simple Machine | Paper and Digital
Practice identifying simple machines such as levers, pulleys, inclined planes, screws, wedges, wheels, and axles. These task cards can be used as a game, assessment, review, or introduction to a simple machines unit and come in a variety of formats.
This resource is included in our Grade 4 Alberta Science Bundle.
This resource is part of our Simple Machines Bundle.
This versatile resource includes:
- 24 different simple machines questions in three formats
- instructions to use these cards as paper task cards in colour or ink-saving printer versions.
- instructions to use these cards with Google Slides.
- instructions to use these cards in a premade self-grading Google Forms assessment version.
- cards that will work for the classroom or for distance learning.
- blank cards so you can make up questions to add to your set or have students make cards of their own, but they are not editable digitally.
- student recording pages in two different formats.
- answer key.
This resource aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science (Wheels and Levers and Building Devices That Move)
This resource supports science concepts from these provinces and territories:
- Saskatchewan: FM5.1 Analyze the effects of...mechanical forces... Grade 4
- British Columbia and Yukon Territory: Simple Machines and their Forces Grade 5
- Northwest Territories: Pulleys and Gears Grade 4
- Manitoba: Forces and Simple Machines Grade 5
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about simple machines
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.