Simple Machines Reading Passages | Paper and Digital
Learn everything there is to know about simple machines through these reading passages that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages or posting a link. These passages were written to replace the need for textbooks whether you are teaching in person or online.
This time-saving product includes:
- ten reading passages designed for Grade Four reading level (though we understand that not all students read at the exact level).
- topics aligned to the Alberta Program of Studies Wheels and Levers learning outcomes so you can use them throughout your unit.
- paper and digital versions are included for each text. The digital version can be used with assistive technologies.
- simple suggestions to use the text sets in your classroom.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science (Wheels and Levers and Building Devices That Move)
This product supports science concepts from these provinces and territories:
- Saskatchewan: FM5.1 Analyze the effects of...mechanical forces... Grade 4
- British Columbia and Yukon Territory: Simple Machines and their Forces Grade 5
- Northwest Territories: Pulleys and Gears Grade 4
- Manitoba: Forces and Simple Machines Grade 5
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about simple machines
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.