Free Simple Machines Experiments | Paper
Get your students inspired to learn about simple machines with this easy and quick experiment that shows students how machines help us. Students will learn the scientific process while learning how to run a safe experiment and you only need to grab a few common things from home.
This introductory product includes:
- instructions with tips for how to run the experiment and follow-up activity.
- an experiment to show students how machines make work easier and faster.
- a follow-up activity to help students apply what they have learned.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science (Wheels and Levers and Building Devices That Move)
This product supports science concepts from these provinces and territories:
- Saskatchewan: FM5.1 Analyze the effects of...mechanical forces... Grade 4
- British Columbia and Yukon Territory: Simple Machines and their Forces Grade 5
- Northwest Territories: Pulleys and Gears Grade 4
- Manitoba: Forces and Simple Machines Grade 5
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about simple machines
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.