Remembrance Day Collaborative Poster Bundle | Paper
Teach your students about the history of Remembrance Day and National Indigenous Veterans Day with this set of two collaborative posters. This colouring activity takes your students 10-30 minutes and just requires printing for you to use right away. It's a great activity to use to calm the mood, learn about the history of Remembrance Day in Canada, or leave with a substitute teacher.
- Indigenous Veterans Poster: information about Indigenous Veterans Day observed in Canada on November 8. Details about service, marksmen, code talkers and monuments are written for elementary students.
- Remembrance Day Poster: information about Remembrance Day and its symbols in Canada.
- directions to run the activity with your students.
- sets in 18, 24 or 36 pieces so you can use them with any size class.
- simple instructions for your students so they know how their piece fits into the final poster.
- pieces with different levels of detail so you can give the right piece to each student.
- assembly instructions along with tips for making the process as easy as possible.
- follow up activities to extend learning about the origins of Indigenous Veterans Day on November 8, Charles "Checker" Tomkins and Henry Louis Norwest, and the history of Remembrance Day.
These activities support:
- any lessons about Canadian involvement in wars around the world
- any Canadian history lesson
- learning about Remembrance Day
- learning about Indigenous Veterans in Canada.
Ninja Note: This product requires the buyer to download the PDF and print the pieces before beginning the activity.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.