Plant Growth and Changes | Observation Journal | Paper and Digital
Are you growing plants with your students? These no-prep pages will help your students keep track of their observations while they watch their plants grow and change.
Ninja Note: This resource requires your students to grow actual plants. No plants, seeds, photos or videos are included in this resource.
This hands-on resource comes with:
- a complete lesson plan to organize the plant observations.
- four styles of observation pages so you can differentiate for your students.
- suggestions on how to run the observations smoothly.
- a summary activity when the observations are complete.
- a digital version of the student observation pages. It uses Google Slides. Students can type in their observations or take photos of their plants with your devices.
If you do not have access to plants, this is not the right resource for you.
Ninja Note: This resource requires plants to grow over several weeks. The actual work time for students is about two hours over two to three months.
This resource aligns with:
- Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science Plant Growth and Changes
This resource supports:
- any basic plant unit.
- Saskatchewan Science Curriculum Grade 3 Plant Growth and Changes PL3.1 PL3.2
- Ontario Science Curriculum Grade 3 Growth and Changes in Plants
Ninja Note: To access the digital version of this file, download the PDF and click on the access link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.