Plant Growth and Changes | Communities | Paper
Help your students understand that different plants live in different communities because plants have different needs. These activities will get your students thinking about how and why different plants live together in different geographical areas and require very little prep from you.
This engaging product comes with:
- a complete lesson plan to provide background for your students on how to use photographs to learn about plant communities.
- colour photographs of different plant communities.
- student research pages.
- student pages to compare and contrast different plant communities.
- answer keys and background information about the different communities for the teacher.
- a short assessment activity.
- possible extension activities.
- suggestions to modify the activities for your students.
- plant communities in ponds, rivers, mountains, grasslands, foothills, and forests.
This product requires books or websites about plants so students can find information about a specific plant community.
The background knowledge provided for plant communities in this product is mainly in North America. There is a blank student page that can be used for any plant community in the world.
This product aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies-Grade 4 Science Plant Growth and Changes
This product supports:
- any basic plant unit.
Ninja Note: This file is a PDF and requires printing for students to use.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.