Light and Shadow Science Reading Passages | Paper and Digital
Learn everything there is to know about light and shadow through these simple reading passages that require no more prepping than simply printing the pages or posting a link to the pages. These passages were written to replace the need for textbooks whether you are teaching in person or online.
This enlightening resource includes:
- ten reading passages designed for Grade Four reading level (though we understand that not all students read at the exact level).
- topics aligned to the Alberta Program of Studies Light and Shadow learning outcomes so you can use them throughout your unit.
- paper and digital versions are included for each text.
- digital versions have fixed and loose text so they can be read by text-to-speech readers or assistive technologies.
- simple suggestions to use the text sets.
This resource aligns with:
- the Alberta Program of Studies Grade 4 Science Light and Shadow
This resource supports:
- any upper elementary or middle school science unit about the science of light or shadow.
Ninja Note: To access the digital version, download the PDF and use the link in that file.
Have a question? Before contacting us, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.